Polyvore

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Moonrise Kingdom was a great film.

Okay, this has nothing to do with Moonrise Kingdom, but I just thought I'd mention that it's my new favourite film. It's just so good. 

Yes, it's been a long time since I even looked at this blog. Shh, Alie, shhh. No need to get defensive about it.

To be honest, I don't think many people read this blog. That used to be something I cared about. Now, it's more like, "Meh, I don't even read this blog". That being said, looking back on my older posts, I can see why it wouldn't appeal to the majority of readers. It was pretty much my thirteen to fourteen year old self talking about every single thing that happened in my life. Interestingly enough, some of the stuff I read, I don't remember happening to me. It felt almost like reading an old diary, except open to the public eye. This is why I don't plan on deleting my previous posts. I'm a firm believer that the things we've done in the past help shape who we are. Wow, I'm pretty sure I wrote something very similar to that in a grade 10 english essay, but it's true. Bad things may have happened to me, but I don't regret anything because if those things hadn't have happened, I wouldn't have become the person I am today. And I'm pretty content with who I am. (Not to be over-confident or anything, because I'm really not. ) But in the words of Buffy, "I'm not done baking yet." Which is partially why I got back into this blog again. 

For the past year or so, I've been keeping a digital diary sort of thing. A place to express my thoughts without fear of judgement. I don't want to get too much into it, but it was a big enough part of my life that I made a photography series on it. It's still continuing, but I realized that some of the things I write there could be blog-worthy, and maybe people will want to read them. A constant fear of mine is that I will hurt people with, say, my opinions, thoughts, or feelings. This is one of the reasons why my blog hasn't had a lot of depth and brutal honesty. Maybe this is a good thing because literally no one is getting hurt by my life. Unless you're offended by me graduating from public school. If you are, I'm really sorry. But then again, I think it's really important to express your opinions on certain issues. Sometimes by listening to the opinions of others, it can change your own. I'm not gonna get into a whole "change the world" speech, but if I was, that was the path I was headed down. Personally, I like learning about how others see the world. I don't know, maybe my views on things will impact some of you. 

Now, I really don't know what I'm trying to do with this blog or what direction it's heading. I also don't know how often I'll write something since I'm a major procrastinator. I just want to get my ideas out there in another form of media. I've experimented with social media, such as Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, Polyvore, and this. I've also tried writing plays, radio dramas, poetry, short stories, short films, compositions of music, and producing a good amount of visual art. All of these forms of media to try and get my thoughts and ideas out to others. I'm still trying to find my thing, and I don't think I'll be able to pick one, but as long as I reach someone. 

Stay tuned for… something. 

-Alie

No comments:

Post a Comment