Polyvore

Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Lansdowne Fire

This afternoon I was helping my friend unpack from her move earlier this week. While we were putting junk on the shelves, her mom came running up the stairs telling us to get out of the house. This nearly gave me a heart attack because she was screaming from the top of her lungs. She also said that there was a fire down the street that was spreading pretty quickly. When we (my mom, my friend, my dad, the cat, and I) got outside we saw a huge amount of dark smoke in front of us. The next thing I knew was that there were 8 firetrucks parked along the street. Originally, my family and I were supposed to be there for only a couple of hours because my dad was setting up their cable and internet. However, we were unable to leave for 4 hours because our car was blocked by all the firetrucks.

The fire was caused by some people grilling on their roof, and because it was so windy, the fire caught onto the roof. Because the house was a semi, it spread next door. Fortunately, the fire wasn't that big, but looked big due to the amount of smoke. I was able to take a few videos and pictures which I will post as soon as I can.

This was my weekend excitement!

-Alie

No comments:

Post a Comment